Abandoned ireland

 

Kilkishen Church

Clare.

Vampire Hunters

The Church of Ireland church was built in 1811 after of a gift of 800 pounds from the Board of First Fruits, the church was further repaired in 1834.


The Board of First Fruits was set up to enable a program of church building throughout the country so that every one had a church within walking distance. There were four suggested church plans and it is possible to see examples of these in many different locations in Ireland.


Kilkishen Church is a registered protected structure - Two-bay, single-cell Church of Ireland church.


Kilkishen appears to have two meanings -

'The wood of the UI Caisin' (a tribal name for the MacNamaras) and 'Church of the Little Wicker Causeway'

Kilkishen
Church,
Clare
Photos

kkc_1.html

Home
start.html