Abandoned ireland

 

Torr Head Coast Guard Station,

Co. Antrim.

Documenting our Heritage

Torr Head coast guard station was built on the site of a traditional fort belong to Barrach, one of the Red Branch warriors. The coastguard station was built in 1822 and also acted as a Lloyd’s Signal Station for North Channel shipping.


The station was abandoned in the 1920s.


Home
start.html
Torr Head
Coast Guard,
Co. Antrim.
Page
1TorrHead_1.html